Friday, October 14, 2011

Free CFG T-Shirt anyone? One could be yours...

Today is Friday Favorite and your comment on this post could be the one that wins a Free CrossFit Georgetown T-Shirt. I've mentioned on Facebook and Twitter, among other places, how addicted I am to reusable grocery bags. They are not only cute and fun but useful and good for the environment. I mean, it's a WIN all the way around. I have a particular awesome one I got this summer at Food City in Dandridge, TN and seriously, the checkers and baggers at HEB are ga-ga over my bag! This bag has not failed to receive praise and adoration! So, for Karen Heine who wanted to see a picture, I'm using it for today's Friday Favorite.
*
Where does the Free T-Shirt come into play? I'm so glad you asked. To make this bag apply to health, fitness, wellness, the gym, (etc.) ... I was going to list all the ways I could to connect this great tote to those items.
**
Instead, I want you to! Let me show you this bag/tote, okay.
*

This picture shows how flat this bag be. It folds into itself to be very compact and slim. The sides are stiff and pretty heavy duty. If it were flat, you could almost use it like a tray.

Inside the bag there's this firm fold down flap that nestles into the bottom of the tote to give it a sturdy bottom.

Here it is all opened up, long straps in addition to the short side handles. Pretty roomy too. You could easily fit 4 gallons of milk plus other stuff in here.
*
I'll offer the most obvious reason this bag qualifies for health and wellness and that's the use of a reusable bag instead of using plastic. It saves money and is better for our environment. So, that's the 'gimmy'. Now it's up to you.
*
In the comments, share any use you can think of that this tote would apply to CrossFit, fitness, health, wellness, etc. The more interesting, useful, unique comment will win a free CFG T-shirt. (If we don't have your size, you can gift one!) You don't have to live around us to participate. I'll even brave the post office to send a shirt if the winning comment isn't in driving distance. (Molly will make sure I really do get to the post office!)
*
We will have a very select secret panel of judges. *GRIN* Make us laugh, surprise us. Get Creative! And have a WONDERFUL weekend!!!

5 comments:

  1. If you have two, and do fill them with 4 gallons of milk and other (heavy) stuff, then you can carry them to the car, one in each hand, as a fireman's walk. The further your car is from the door the better. This makes me glad I do not use reusable bags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the other hand, I do not use them because I know I will forget them until I get into the store, and have to walk back to my car to get them. And there you have it - another way they contribute to fitness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge fan of going green, hence why I do science in that field. I've noticed a lot of conferences and expos I attend give out swag in the form reusable bags these days. But as for your awesome bag this is what I would do: Since it looks very durable I would fill it with soil and plant herbs and other paleo friendly veggies in the bag. Water it and maintain it heavily. The bag appears porous enough so that the soil can properly drain. Take it with you to the gym and teach others about paleo. When the herbs and veggies are ready, you will have a portable garden at your disposal. Imagine finishing your WOD and then going to eat carrots freshly picked from your bag. Who wouldn't want to do this.

    Thanks
    James Bondi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Colleen and James! LOOOONG overdue response here. I'm very sorry and I'll spare you the story, haha, but for playing with me and coming up with great ideas on how to use this awesome bag, I'm going to give you both CFG t-shirts. Colleen, next time I see you, you can pick one out. James, there are photos on our FB page of the styles. Let me know which style and size and if we've got it, I'll send it out to you. You can email me at info at crossfitgeorgetown dot com. Thanks again for participating. ~ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have a nice idea there. instead of plastic bags we can use this type of bags but the problem is that how much weight can this carry? there would be no problem if you buy a lot of cheap tee shirts and put it here but when i comes too loaded this could be easily destroyed.

    ReplyDelete